- Homebase will stop using neonicotinoids
- B & Q will stop using neonicotinoid pesticides
- The scale and speed of environmental collapse is beyond imagination.
- National Botanic Garden of Wales research has revealed which plants bees choose for their pollen.
- Warning of ‘Ecological Armageddon’ after dramatic plunge in insect numbers
Monthly Archives: January 2017
Bee Friendly Monmouthshire’s Winter 2017 newsletter is now available: BfM Newsletter – Winter – 2017
The Independent newspaper reports on new evidence showing a ‘strong case’ for ban on chemicals linked to bird and bee deaths. Scientists say the EU should consider extending a partial ban on the use of neonicotinoids amid evidence they are … Continue reading
Current EU restrictions on neonicotinoid pesticides must be extended to wheat to protect bees and other wildlife, Friends of the Earth warns today (Thursday 5 January 2017) in a new report published at the Oxford Real Farming Conference. Three neonicotinoid … Continue reading