- Homebase will stop using neonicotinoids
- B & Q will stop using neonicotinoid pesticides
- The scale and speed of environmental collapse is beyond imagination.
- National Botanic Garden of Wales research has revealed which plants bees choose for their pollen.
- Warning of ‘Ecological Armageddon’ after dramatic plunge in insect numbers
Monthly Archives: February 2017
An excellent gardening blog “The Secret Gardener”, 9th Feb 17, on the Butterfly Conservation site, making a plea not to cut back stems and seedheads of perennials too soon so as not to disturb hibernating insects. http://butterfly-conservation.org/3114/blog.html
Current EU restrictions on neonicotinoid pesticides must be extended to wheat to protect bees and other wildlife, Friends of the Earth warns today (Thursday 5 January 2017) in a new report published at the Oxford Real Farming Conference. https://www.foe.co.uk/resource/press_releases/bees-pesticide-restrictionss-must-be-extended-wheat-new-friends-earth-report https://www.foe.co.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/farming-wheat-without-neonicotinoids-102577.pdf … Continue reading